- This event has passed.
Shifting Gears – Safe Driving for Seniors (YH)
September 20, 2012 @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Driver safety is an important and often sensitive issue for seniors. The changes of normal aging can sometimes interfere with the ability to drive. By understanding and reducing these risk factors, seniors can drive safely longer.Please join Youville Assisted Living Residences and Michele Ellicks, Community Outreach Coordinator from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, for an informative program that focuses on issues facing elder drivers, their families and caregivers, and strategies for supporting successful outcomes.
During the program Michele will discuss:
- medications and their effects on driving
- alternative forms of transportation
- recent research concerning mature drivers
- details on the new safe driver law and reporting procedures
- requirements necessary to apply for a handicap placard or plate, as well as a Massachusetts identification card