Youville House Assisted Living Residence in Cambridge, specializes in supporting residents challenged with Parkinson’s disease. Youville’s “PALS” program — Parkinson’s Assisted Living Specialists— includes on-going staff training, an in-house support group and access to educational programs for caregivers and residents alike. CLICK HERE for more information.
What is Parkinson’s?
Parkinson’s disease, a neurological condition that affects motor skills and movement, can alter life on many levels. As symptoms progress, people with Parkinson’s disease experience physical and emotional obstacles that can interfere with independence, and can eventually pose serious safety risks.
- As many as one million Americans live with Parkinson’s disease, which is more than the number of people diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy and Lou Gehrig’s disease combined.
- Approximately 60,000 Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease each year, and this number does not reflect the thousands of cases that go undetected.
- Incidence of Parkinson’s increases with age, but an estimated four percent of people with PD are diagnosed before the age of 50.
- Men are one and a half times more likely to have Parkinson’s than women.
Youville: An Ideal Solution For Those Living with Parkinson’s disease
Living with Parkinson’s disease can be challenging. For many people living with Parkinson’s, being a part of a supportive community with resources such as medication management, home cooked, nutritionally balanced meals, and specialized programs supporting balance and muscle tone, contributes to a more independent lifestyle and a higher quality of life.
Youville House has become home to many residents with Parkinson’s. Located in the center of Cambridge just minutes away from Harvard Square, Youville draws from its vibrant urban environment to offer a variety of stimulating events and activities. A full calendar of events and activities, along with daily exercise programs such as tai chi, yoga, and daily strength and balance classes, help residents nurture mind , body and spirit. In addition, Youville is host to the only Parkinson’s Support Group in Cambridge For more information click here. .
- 24 hour staffing
- Housekeeping and laundry support
- Up to one hour of personal assistance each day
- Medication management
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Personal emergency response system
- Access to private transportation
- Nurse on site
- Regularly scheduled programs and activities, including some designed specifically for people with Parkinson’s disease.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PALS PROGRAM FLYER
CLICK HERE To request more information or to schedule a visit or conversation with one of our experienced professionals. All information is kept strictly confidential.
National Parkinson’s Disease Foundation
Finding a Care Manager